If you have any further questions,
please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I use my credit cards?
- Yes. Both advanced tickets purchase and same-day tickets can be purchased with credit cards. We accept most major credit cards including Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Alipay.
- I am an overseas student, do I get a student discount?
Yes. Please show your student ID at the reception.
When you purchase tickets online, please select the category for University Student or Students in High School and below.
- When do you recommend I make a reservation?
- Making reservationists as soon as possible is highly recommended. Tickets sell out quickly for holidays and busy tourist seasons.
- I want to have a seat as close as possible to the stage.
- Seats are assigned automatically through the ticket reservation system. We don’t seat guests on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Can I sit together with my family?
- When multiple tickets are purchased in one reservation, the seats will be next to each other . However, if additional tickets are purchased, whether under the same name or a different name in a second reservation, we cannot guarantee those seats will be together.
- Where can I apply for a ticket?
You can purchase tickets at the following website. (Available until 2 hours before the show starts).
- Can I purchase same-day tickets?
Only if we still have seats, we accept the same-day reservations on website below, until 2 hours before the show starts.
After 2 hours before the show, please call GEAR information office at 0120-937-882 whether tickets are available or not.
- Do you have a same-day waiting list?
- If all tickets are sold out, we will assign waiting list number tags 1 hour before the show starts. Please get the tag and come back 15 minutes before the curtain. Only if anything becomes available, you may be showed in.
- Can I change or get a refund for my tickets?
- In regards to tickets that have already been paid for, we do not offer changes or refunds due to customer's personal reasons. In the case that the performance is suspended due to circumstances on the organizers side, then we will change the schedule rules. Details about our correspondence and subsequent follow up may change due to the reason for and the circumstances of the suspension. For details, please go to our homepage if this ever happens.
- Can I get a good seat if I arrive early?
- The seats are assigned in order of reservation. On the day of the show, it is not first-come first-serve basis.
- I lost the ticket that I purchased. Can you resend it?
- We are unable to resend it. However, we can check our customers' purchase and payment histories, and if we have confirmed that there are corresponding seats available just before the show starts, only then will it be possible for you to enter. Please consult our staff by e-mail(email@example.com) or phone beforehand.
- Do you have special discounts or event pricing?
Our ‘Birthday-month Plan’ has various special privileges for those who come during their birthday-month.
We also offer discount for the members of GEAR Fan Club, limited time campaigns and other services.
ABOUT SHOW AND VENUE
- Can I enjoy it even though I don't understand Japanese?
The story will move forward without the use of any words, so anyone who don’t understand Japanese language can enjoy GEAR with no worries about the language barrier.
We provide you information leaflets in English, Chinese and Korean. Please ask our staff when necessary.
- Can people of any age enjoy the show?
- Anyone can enjoy GEAR regardless of age, nationality and gender.
- Can we enjoy it if I bring children with me?
GEAR, non-verbal performance is easy to understand for everyone and is highly recommended to a wide range of age groups.
However, young children at 3 year-old or under age are not permitted to enter the theatre.
They, including toddlers and babies are allowed to enter on 1st&3rd Saturday every month for 1pm Show , which is called “Kids Day”, although we do not alter the performance specifically for children.
We can adjust the height of seats for children if needed.
- May I take photos in the theatre?
Photos and videos of performers during the show is strictly prohibited. Our apologies.
You may take photos of the empty stage before or after the show.
Please feel free to upload them with your reviews on social media.
- How long is the show? Do you have intermission?
- The show is scheduled to run for about 90 minutes. We have no break partway through the show.
- If I arrive late for the opening, can I be allowed in partway through the show?
From a safety and production perspective, admission during the show is restricted. After arrival, depending on your timing, if you wait to be admitted, you may be guided to a seat other than the seat you already purchased.
It is expected that during the tourist seasons the aisles will be particularly congested, so we ask that you give yourself plenty of time to arrive.
- How are the seats arranged?
The seats are arranged in a stairway-like fashion, however, for the consideration of the people lined behind you, we ask that you please do not pitch forward in your seats but rather sit back in your seats while you watch.
You can check the seating table here
- Do you have a cloakroom?
Luggage baskets are prepared under the seats, excluding 6th Row. Large piece of luggage and umbrellas may be left with staff for safe-keeping during the show. Please hold onto the claim tag to receive your things after the show.
For your information, GEAR Theatre is located in a old building built in 1928, and no elevators or escalators installed. You will have to carry your luggage to the 3rd level by yourself.
- How large are the seats?
- The seats are not individual chairs, rather they are benches for multiple guests to line up. The width for each person is about 18 inches (46cm).
- Do you sell souvenir items?
- Yes, we sell merchandise souvenirs after the performance at the Goods Centres.
- I forgot/dropped something at the hall.
- Please contact GEAR information office (0120-937-882 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Can you take and hold onto my wheelchair?
- Due to circumstances with the space we have, we fundamentally cannot hold onto wheelchairs. However, depending on the size we may be able to hold on to it. If you are considering visiting then you should consult GEAR Information Office beforehand (email@example.com).
- Can I watch while sitting in my wheelchair?
- Due to the structure of the seating arrangement, there are no spaces for wheelchairs. You will have to watch from a standard seat. There are also no elevators or escalators in our building, so you will have to reach the third floor by yourself (or with the help of your own company). The staff will help as much as possible, but we do not have any professional aids on staff, so we ask that you come along with an escort. In addition, if the escort enters the hall then they will also need a ticket, we hope that you understand.
- Are there any sightseeing spots close to the venue?
- Close to the venue is the Shinkyogoku Shopping Street , which has a lot of souvenir stores. And the Nishiki Market, which is known as 'Kyoto's kitchen,' is about a 5 minute walk from the theatre. There are a lot of stores there that sell things like Kyoto specialty vegetables, Japanese pickled vegetables, tofu and tofu skin, and confectionary. It is always a bustling place. You can enjoy eating while you walk too! The Kamo River which runs through the center of Kyoto is also only a 5 minute walk away. You can enjoy a meal at 'Noryo-yuka,' a riverside terrace, which is open from May to September as a seasonal feature.
If you are looking for a hotel・・・